Hi! And welcome to Gapalicious™.
I’m Hannah; a 21 year old who’s been diagnosed with GAPS™ Syndrome.
I’ve struggled with health problems since I turned thirteen. From that time my Mom and I have been constantly searching for solutions. This July I wrote an article, Touching the Autistic Spectrum, about how when my Mom read Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride’s book (Gut and Psychology Syndrome™) we finally found the answer!
Because I’m am a creative person who loves sharing when my health issues began clearing up I knew I wanted to share everything I’ve learned, and am learning, with you.
My Dad joked and said I should start a blog called Gapalicious, I hated the name at first (really, I did!), but then it grew on me. It combined the idea of GAPS with delicious, and what could be more perfect for blog about sharing recipes and ways to live this lifestyle in a delicious way?
So the name stuck, much to my Dad’s enjoyment (you were right Dad), and it’s become my way of helping people on their own health journey, and it just keeps growing. It started with my blog, then the iPhone app, then the GAPS forum, and who knows what’s next!
The main thing is this site is about making the Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) diet/lifestyle easy and fun!
As a way to get to know me better I thought I would write up these two, really silly, lists. I hope you enjoy them:
5 Weird Things About Me
- I hate being barefoot on grass.
- I used to hate eating beef and pork – chicken has never been a problem. (Go figure!)
- I can’t remember which is my right hand (side) or left hand (side). Don’t ask me for directions.
- If you’ve told me something about you, odds are I’ll remember it. Even if you don’t remember telling me; it freaks some people out. You’d think I had a third eye, horns, or something…
- In a game of Taboo I can beat anyone, so long as my sister’s my partner.
5 Cool Things About Me
- Left Handed/Ambidextrous
- I’m told I do a good impersonation of Tina Fey impersonating Sarah Palin.
- Love designing and making things. (Crochet, Sewing, Cooking, etc)
- Been writing since I could hold a crayon, but I prefer pens and paper.
- Love hearing the sound of my own voice – or so I’m told – it’s probably why I like having a blog!
I am not a Doctor or medical professional so please read my disclaimer.